Monday, January 23, 2006
Just in time!
I had a good long chat with mum on the phone last night, she was quite pleased that I had changed form Confucianism and Taoism to Early Church History, and she made a dreadful pun about how 'Confucianism' seemed very 'confusing' (d'ya get it? hmm?). My little sister has her interview for HMSG today, just about the time that I'm typing this in fact, so I'll call later on to see how she did.
It seems that Monmouth has attracted the unwanted attentions of the ghastly Alpha Course, but before my poor mother could sign up (they tempted her with offers of a free meal - we're stingy like that), she (thank goodness!) asked me what it was. If the idea of the grotty 'Pine and pain' bunch breaking out the tambourines wasn't bad enough, the thought of some greasy charismatic trying to get my poor mummy to speak in tongues is beyond! The quite High Church area of Monmouthshire should not be invaded by some group spreading dodgy theology and trying to market Christianity as a commodity! I put pay to mothers ideas about getting into the cult, as a preventitive is better than a cure.